Monday, March 11, 2013

Armory Bar Tainan


Flowers at the hot air ballon festival. Unfortunately the hot air balloon never made it into the sky due to bad weather.


Overlooking traffic from the HSR station Tainan with obligatory horde of scooter.


Cute husky dog at Betiou hot springs Taipei. Huskies are popular even though it's so hot.


Beitou hot springs, here is a pool of inviting, steaming turquoise water. Don't jump in tho its boiling as in bubbling and will steam you like a leek dumpling. horrific ending to a nice day trip.


Panoramic view of that big museum place in Taipei 




I haven't written in a few days been busy with the weekend and working. Had an awesome weekend went out to a few bars, Armory, The Underbridge and met up with some cool dudes. Brandon and Natasha are this nice American couple, Natasha is infact an angelic appearing Russian, big blue eyes and long golden hair. Brandon is an ex soldier has served in Afghanistan. He told us one drunken night just how depressed he was after leaving the army and that Natasha saved him from himself. Natasha also had her demons to fight so  i guess they fixed each others broken wings, thats what Natasha says anyways. I am happy for them. Also Katy and Graeme this scottish couple they can drink like fish and smoke like chimneys. We hung out watching funny youtube videos I really like katy I can tell she's got a big heart and would be a loyal friend to the end. It's funny out of the two she definitely wears the trousers.  

Went to Armory bar and actually ate there instead of drank and the food was damn good. It was kind of surreal being there sobre I noticed all of the twisted artwork they have on their walls. Like the 'depressed smoking man' or the 'hands for fans' or the 'Picasso is kicking you in the head' There's loads of cool and weird decor in there that goes unnoticed by the endless supply of drunk people. All the windows on one side are covered in crazy drunk pictures. My mark is there. I drew a face with an equally as wasted Taiwanese guy about a month ago with eyeliner. Its not very good to be honest. I tried some Hakka salty pork it was orgasmic. I need to get my hands on some more aboriginal foods if that salty pork was anything to go by. There are quite a lot of aboriginal tribes around Taiwan, I learnt about a few while I was doing a project at work. I really want to go and spend some time with the tribes and eat more of their salty meats! They are mostly on the East Coast though so I will have to plan something.
We are trying to plan a trip to green island in April I hope there are still vacancies. Taiwan is so densely populated and lacking in vacation, you have to jump on these national holidays to get anything booked plus all the popular places are gonna be rammed so you have to organise trains early etc. It looks beautiful fingers crossed. 


My tutorial wants me to buy him a Birthday present. He was like teacher are you going to give me my present next lesson. Ha ha He has been behaving himself especially well. Might get him a kinder egg or something! 

The weather is so nice at the moment, perfect. I know it's not gonna stay this nice and get unbearably hot but right now its about 27 with a nice breeze. Can't help but laugh at all those poor sods back home. Headline reads, no more early spring as Britain face -7 degrees. Early spring my arse it's still march. Looking forwards to this weekend gonna hit the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment