Monday, March 4, 2013

High Speed Rail to Taipei.



Going Shrimp fishing on Chinese New year holiday.


The rude plant.


The flower festival in Tainan park, Chinese New Years.



My friend outside Taipei 101 the 3rd tallest building in the world, presently.


The view from Taipei 101.


Well this will have to be a short one, I have had a long Monday feeling hungover and dopey, drawing comments of 'Oh you look so tired' from my co teachers. Just about starting to to feel back to my bubbly self. Plus I want to watch walking dead... super hooked on these cliff hanger esque series. 

Apart from losing the answer sheet in an exam and being swamped with worksheets today was okay. I had my tutorial with Kyle he a loveable boy and very sweet. He gave me some grapes which I promised to plant in some soil to grow a grape tree. I didn't have the heart to tell him they were seedless nor that I ate them soon after he gave them to me. He he. Had my extra class aswell with two brothers who are the best students. I mean they see me to the dorr, provide me with bottles water and give me indoor shoes when i come in. Very polite. A quick stop to my old favourite lunchbox place afterwads. 24hr chicken , veg, rice and noodles and only 80nt which is about £1.60. 

Been looking at my Taipei photos was a really good trip. We had a week off work for Chinese New Years. sweet. We went up by HSR which is 300 kph I think. it's really posh. It hums through the countryside, there's loads of leg room and you can swivel the seats round to face each other. Plus it's so much faster than the regular train. Truth be told its much more expensive than the regular train it costs about 60 UK pounds return but saves you 8hours travelling time compared to the slow train which is about half the price. I know which I would rather pay, I have done those 24hr coach trips to to Amrsterdam and you know what pay the extra if you can afford it. I hate sitting on a train i can max about 2hrs without feeling restless. Taipei was so busy had to queue up for everything, the Taipei 101, the pandas at the zoo, the sculptures in the national palace. Plus I lost my silver bracelet was gutted for a day. The Tapei 101 has a fancy elevator which is the fastest in the world. It takes only 40secs to get to the top with minor ear popping. They even have some star lights in the ceiling accompanied by etheral fancy music. The views cool but i guess the piece de resistance is the weighted ball which stops it falling over in an earthquake. Kinda looked like it was made of polystyrene tho. 

anyways as i said walking dead is waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment