Thursday, March 28, 2013

Earthquake


Cleaner in Taipei



Green spider we found at the hot springs.


Waited in line for a panda's butt. He doesn't look impressed.


If you don't want to pay for the hot springs, dip your toes in the ward river. It is fed by a boiling hot lake so is nice and warm.


Golden Buddha

Its almost the end of the week yay. We had an earthquake yesterday was the strongest I have ever experienced. I was lying in bed semi conscious just dosing not wanting to wake up, when boom I was being shook awake. It was surreal not knowing if you have been jolted awake by some plunge in a dream or if it that shaking feeling is the end of the world. I turned to see Pra groggy, puffy eyed looking at me replying with the same gormless face that I was giving him. The panelling on our tatami style sliding door was rattling and the whole bed was shaking violently. Before I have experienced a few tremors which was like the swaying of a hammock or something like that. But this one was next level I almost had a heart attack. Which as I have heard before can be one of the biggest killers in earthquakes- those without much damage but with enough shock factor to kill you without ruining your house. As soon as it came it was gone only lasting a few seconds. I came out to see R patz in the kitchen looking as shook up as me. We later heard that it was a 6 on the ricther scale and originated in Taitung. You forget about earthquakes until they hit you boom. It's strange living in a country with natural disasters. England is a nice safe country no killer spiders/ snakes etc. 




Just a short one today feeling pretty tired out. nothing left to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment